I am a very active 11 year old who loves to play basketball, baseball, play with friends, and spending time with my family. However, I have Uveitis (Pars Planitis). Uveitis is inflammation of the Uvea which is the vascular layer of the eye sandwiched between the retina and the white of the eye (sclera). Some of the signs, symptoms and characteristics of Uveitis that I have experienced include eye redness, eye pain, light sensitivity, blurred vision, dark floating spots, floaters, and inflammation. If this is left untreated Uveitis can cause the following complications for Nolan: abnormally high pressure inside the eye (glaucoma), damage to the optic nerve, clouding of the lense (cataract), or cornea, scar tissue inside the eye, retinal problems, such as fluid within the retina, or retinal detachment, and possibly vision loss. Some of the treatments and procedures that I have already experienced include: anti-inflammatory medication/corticosteroid injections, surgery-vitrectomy/surgery to remove the jelly like material in ones eye (vitreous), laser and cryo surgery.
I am now at a point of needing very speicalized care.